Tuesday, August 4, 2009

ONION CHUTNEY


ONION CHUTNEY
I WAS THINKING WHAT NEW CHUTNEY I CAN PREPARE BECAUSE I WAS BORED OF HAVING USUAL COCONUT CHUTNEY .THEN AS I WAS SURFING NET , I FOUND THIS ONION CHUTNEY SO THOUGHT OF GIVING IT A TRY AND IT WAS DELICIOUS .THE METHOD AS FOLLOWS
INGREDIENTS :
Onions - 2 med. sized- peeled
Red chillies - 2
Tamarind - the size of a marble
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 tbsp.
Mustard seeds -¼ tsp
A pinch of hing.
Coconut 1/4 cup

METHOD: Peel and cut onions. Wash tamarind and grind with salt, onions and chillis. Heat oil and add urad dal, hing & red chillies. When the seeds splutter add the ground chutney. Let it fry for 2,3 mints. and switch off the gas. Grind every thing to a coarse paste.
This goes well with rice, parathas, idlis and dosas.

REGARDS,
AKSHATA

No comments:

Post a Comment