Monday, August 3, 2009

Spinach chutney /thambuli [south indian style]


My husband is fond eater he likes me cooking new dishes he appreciates me when i cook new dish but always make fun of me that i experiment on him .This dish i learnt from my mother in law who had seen this dish cooked by her daughter on her visit to DALLAS .so she saw spinach getting waste in my fridge so she said that she had seen her daughter cooking thambuli out of this and which is very easy to cook and i have modified this for my taste,after i learnt this thambuli it is there in our menu when i am bored of cooking sometime.

it is pretty simple

INGREDIENTS:
Spinach - 1 1/2 cup
green chillies 2-3
ghee -1 spoon
yogurt- 3/4 cup
salt to taste
lemon juice 2-4 drops
oil - 1 spoon
mustard seeds - 1sp
urad dal - 1sp
curry leaves 2-4

METHOD:
Fry the spinach and green chillies in the ghee till they decrease in the volume ,let it cool and grind it into smooth paste by adding 1/4 cup of yogurt to the spinach mixture.

Add rest of the yogurt to the paste , lemon juice and salt to taste.and give tadka of mustard seeds,urad dal and curry leaves

serve this spinach thambuli /chutney with hot rice..

No comments:

Post a Comment