I HAVE NEVER TRIED ROOMALI ROTI AT HOME ,I ALWAYS WANTED TO GIVE IT A TRY BECAUSE MY DEAR HUSBAND IS TIRED OF HAVING PARANTHAS AND CHAPATI'S SO I BROWSED THE NET AND FOUND THIS RECIPE INTERESTING AND I GAVE IT A SHOT ,I MUST TELL IT HAS COME OUT REALLY WELL AND
WHEN I PRESENTED THIS TO MY HUSBAND HE APPRECIATED AND NOW HE WANTS IT ONCE A WEEK.
I HOPE READERS MIGHT GIVE A TRY
Wheat flour - 2 cups
Maida - 1/4 cup
Curd - 2 tbsps
Salt to taste
Ghee as required
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1) Knead wheat flour, maida, curd and salt .
2) Add ghee or oil in the flour and add water little by little and make a soft dough .Keep it aside for 1/2 an hour.
3) Make small balls of the dough and roll like a thin chapathi using little dry flour.
4) Heat an inverted griddle(tawa or iron cast pan or heavy bottomed pan).
5) Place the roti carefully over it,apply oil or ghee over it with a spoon and cook till done. Then fold it.
Serve hot with spicy kurmas.