Today as i had gone out for shopping groceries my son asked me mommy please can i have pizza,i just didnt want him to eat the frozen pizza so i decided to make pizza at home from scratch so i got all the ingredients and i must tell you it came out really good after having 1 slice my son told me mommy it is YUMMY..
here goes the recipe
* 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
* 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
* 2 tablespoons canola oil
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon sugar
* 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 can (15 ounces) Hunt’s® Tomato Sauce
* 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon pepper
* 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 1 medium green pepper, sliced
* 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
* In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add the oil, salt, sugar and 2 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
* Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rest in a warm place for 10 minutes.
* Meanwhile, combine sauce ingredients; set aside Divide dough in half. On a floured surface, roll each portion into a 13-in. circle. Transfer to greased 12-in. pizza pans; build up edges slightly. Prick dough thoroughly with a fork.
* Spread sauce over to within 2-in. of edges; sprinkle with the onion, green pepper and cheese. Bake for 20 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 pizzas (8 servings each, 2 slices per serving).